Crowdfunding Success Secrets
Promotions & Generating Buzz
Once you’ve created an interesting project with a great video presentation, it’s time to get eyeballs on it. This means doing a lot of promotion, and hopefully generating a little viral buzz.
One of the most important things you can do to get people interested is to offer interesting perks to people who donate money.
Here are a few ideas that will help you create great rewards:
- Offer interesting perks at all levels of funding. If someone only has $5 to contribute, offer to place their name in your movie’s credits or on a special page on your website.
- Give backers at certain levels an advanced copy or pre-release version of your product.
- Offer limited editions or signed editions of your product.
- Create special rewards for international backers.
- Remember to stick with the rules. Some sites don’t allow certain types of incentives like coupons or gift cards.
Don’t forget to use social media to generate interest. Ask everyone you to know to share your project on all of their social media accounts, and consider making social media accounts specific to your project.
Here are some ways you can generate buzz:
- Create a Facebook page for your project.
- Create a Google+ page for your project.
- Create a Twitter page for your project.
- Use Pinterest to pin images relevant to your project.
- Create videos and encourage people to share them.
In order to encourage people to share your project, you might want to hold some contests on Facebook or other media sites. You could give out gift cards, advance copies of your project, or other gifts. Just be sure to state that the giveaway has nothing to do with the crowdfunding sites itself, because you cannot hold any type of giveaway like this on your project page itself. Most sites prohibit this. Instead, hold it on your own page or blog.
Be sure to make social sharing one of the conditions of entry!